Wednesday, October 04, 2006
Reynolds top aide resigns
From CNN Political Editor Mark Preston
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Rep. Tom Reynolds' senior aide resigned Wednesday, the first person to fall in the wake of the Foley page scandal.
"I have resigned today from Congressman Tom Reynolds' office," Kirk Fordham said in a statement released by Reynolds' congressional office. "It is clear the Democrats are intent on making me a political issue in my boss's race, and I will not let them do so."
Before serving as Reynolds chief-of-staff, Fordham served as Rep. Mark Foley's top aide. When news first broke last week that Foley had e-mail and instant message conversations with House pages, Fordham provided private advice to him.
Kirk Fordham's statement
About the CNN Political TickerThe CNN Political Ticker provides the latest political news.
To sign up for our twice daily Ticker emails, visit CNN.com member services page. If you do not have a CNN.com account, you can register here.
If you have any feedback, suggestions or news tips, drop us a line here.
NEW IN THE TICKER• Rep. LaHood calls for suspension of page program
• Spitzer has 52 point lead in NY Governor's race
• Two more influential conservatives stand behind Ha...
• Hastert targets different audiences with tailor-ma...
• Biden heads to South Carolina
• Shadegg says Hastert Resignation calls 'unwarrante...
• Mehlman heads west to raise money
• AP: R.I. Senate Rivals Bound by Dads, History
• CNN Political Ticker AM
• Poll: Likely voters frown on congressional GOP