Wednesday, October 18, 2006
Rep. Alexander: 'Many people' knew about Foley
From CNN Ticker Producer Alexander Mooney
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Rep. Rodney Alexander, R-Louisiana, the sponsor of one of the House pages who received inappropriate e-mails from former Rep. Mark Foley, said Wednesday he believes "many people" knew about Foley's behavior before he did.
"It's quite apparent from some of the reports out there that there are many people that know what we know and have known it for a lot longer period of time than we've known," Alexander told reporters after his closed-door testimony with the House Ethics Committee investigating the matter.
About the CNN Political TickerThe CNN Political Ticker provides the latest political news.
To sign up for our twice daily Ticker emails, visit CNN.com member services page. If you do not have a CNN.com account, you can register here.
If you have any feedback, suggestions or news tips, drop us a line here.
NEW IN THE TICKER• Allen campaign ties Webb to 'Clinton political mac...
• AP: Burns says president keeping war plan quiet
• Dobbs to moderate special town hall debate on chal...
• Snow: GOP has 'better candidates and better argume...
• New ad questions Democrats' ethics
• Poll: 74 percent of Americans say Congress out of ...
• Kyl has double-digit lead over Pederson in Arizona...
• Washington Post endorses Webb over Allen
• Spitzer has commanding lead over Faso for NY Gov.
• Romney adds three advisors to PAC