Tuesday, October 10, 2006
Page tip line flooded with calls in first week
From CNN Congressional Producer Ted Barrett
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- More than 400 people have called into the tip line established last week by the House to field questions and concerns about then-Rep. Mark Foley's, R-Florida, inappropriate conduct with the chamber's pages, a Democratic leadership aide tells CNN.
The House inspector general's office is transcribing the messages and determining whether the information should go to the House ethics committee, FBI, or elsewhere, the aide said.
About the CNN Political TickerThe CNN Political Ticker provides the latest political news.
To sign up for our twice daily Ticker emails, visit CNN.com member services page. If you do not have a CNN.com account, you can register here.
If you have any feedback, suggestions or news tips, drop us a line here.
NEW IN THE TICKER• Ahead on CNN
• FBI interviews page about Foley messages
• High court rejects appeal on abortion
• Crist leads Davis in Florida governor's race
• Fordham to appear Thursday before House ethics com...
• Reynolds laying low after televised apology for Fo...
• Trandahl will cooperate with Foley investigation, ...
• McCain vs. Clinton--Sign of what's to come?
• Trandahl expected to break silence on Foley scanda...
• Hastert will dismiss any staff involved in cover-u...