Sunday, October 15, 2006
New York Post: HILL'S SO SORRY OVER 'VIET' SLAP
Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton called John McCain yesterday to personally apologize and denounce comments an adviser of hers reportedly made slamming the GOP senator over his time in captivity in Vietnam.
The move from one potential 2008 presidential candidate to another was sparked by a column in The New York Times, in which Maureen Dowd quoted an anonymous adviser talking about McCain's criticism of the Clintons over their North Korea position.
About the CNN Political TickerThe CNN Political Ticker provides the latest political news.
To sign up for our twice daily Ticker emails, visit CNN.com member services page. If you do not have a CNN.com account, you can register here.
If you have any feedback, suggestions or news tips, drop us a line here.
NEW IN THE TICKER• The Washington Post: White House Upbeat About GOP ...
• The CNN Political Ticker AM, Sunday Oct. 15, 2006
• This weekend on CNN's "Reliable Sources"
• Show me the money
• Frist asks political supporters to contribute to H...
• AP: La. Democrats snub 8-term Rep. Jefferson, endo...
• AP: FBI investigating Rep. Weldon and his daughter...
• AP: Democrats up against proven Republican turnout...
• Countdown: 24 days 'til Election Day
• Clinton has $15 million in campaign war chest