Wednesday, October 04, 2006
McCain adds South Carolina GOP leader to political action committee
From CNN Ticker Producer Alex Mooney
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Sen. John McCain added another South Carolina lawmaker to his Straight Talk America political action committee Wednesday, as the Arizona senator continues to lock down support for a potential presidential bid in the influential Palmetto State.
State Sen. Glen McConnell, who lives in Charleston and serves as the president pro tempore in the Senate, will be a co-chair on the PAC.
"Glenn has been fighting for the conservative cause for many years," McCain said in a statement released by the PAC. "No one is more effective or more courageous."
McCain has acknowledged he is considering another run for the White House
About the CNN Political TickerThe CNN Political Ticker provides the latest political news.
To sign up for our twice daily Ticker emails, visit CNN.com member services page. If you do not have a CNN.com account, you can register here.
If you have any feedback, suggestions or news tips, drop us a line here.
NEW IN THE TICKER• Fundraiser-in-chief on western campaign swing
• Wetterling to give Democratic response to presiden...
• AP: McCain calls for independent investigation int...
• Reynolds top aide resigns
• Rep. LaHood calls for suspension of page program
• Spitzer has 52 point lead in NY Governor's race
• Two more influential conservatives stand behind Ha...
• Hastert targets different audiences with tailor-ma...
• Biden heads to South Carolina
• Shadegg says Hastert Resignation calls 'unwarrante...