Monday, October 09, 2006
McCain adds Bush-Cheney fundraiser to PAC
From CNN Ticker Producer Alex Mooney
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Republican Sen. John McCain named a key fundraiser Monday from the Bush-Cheney campaign to join his Straight Talk America Political Action Committee in South Carolina.
Paula Harper Bethea is the latest Palmetto State Republican to join McCain's PAC, as the Arizona senator continues to add influential GOPers to his circle as he considers a presidential run in 2008.
"I am honored to have a distinguished businessperson of Paula's stature join our team in a leadership role," McCain said in a statement released by the PAC. "Paula has selflessly served the state of South Carolina in many capacities over the years."
The South Carolina Chamber of Commerce recently named Bethea, the director of external relations for the McNair Law Firm, and her husband, Bill, 2006 Business Leaders of the Year.
About the CNN Political TickerThe CNN Political Ticker provides the latest political news.
To sign up for our twice daily Ticker emails, visit CNN.com member services page. If you do not have a CNN.com account, you can register here.
If you have any feedback, suggestions or news tips, drop us a line here.
NEW IN THE TICKER• Bush condemns N. Korea claim of nuclear tests; cal...
• President Bush to address North Korea nuclear test...
• Will social conservatives show up at the polls?
• Former Foley aide set to testify before ethics pan...
• CNN Political Ticker AM
• Iraq foreign minister disputes senator
• McHenry acknowledges no evidence of Democratic inv...
• Meehan says he believes Hastert knew of Foley's in...
• AP: Allen Didn't Disclose Stock Options
• Kingston expresses support for Hastert