Monday, October 02, 2006
Justice Kennedy works on his swing
From CNN Supreme Court Producer Bill Mears
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- With the Supreme Court beginning a new term, legal observers say the man to watch is Justice Anthony Kennedy, who holds the swing vote.
Kennedy, a moderate-conservative, is in the eyes of many legal scholars the court's new power broker.
About the CNN Political TickerThe CNN Political Ticker provides the latest political news.
To sign up for our twice daily Ticker emails, visit CNN.com member services page. If you do not have a CNN.com account, you can register here.
If you have any feedback, suggestions or news tips, drop us a line here.
NEW IN THE TICKER• Foley says he's in treatment for alcoholism
• Probe widens in Foley case; FDLE to look into Fla....
• Political Ticker AM edition
• AP: Bush Not Dragging Schwarzenegger Down
• AP: Democrats Want to Revive Soc. Sec. Issue
• House speaker asks Gonzales to probe lurid Foley c...
• Kissinger downplays his role at the White House
• AP: Bush Confident in Rumsfeld
• Murtha says questions about his past and family wo...
• Bartlett defends House GOP leaders for their handl...