Friday, October 06, 2006
Incumbents ahead in both statewide races in Michigan
From CNN Political Researcher Xuan Thai
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Democratic Gov. Jennifer Granholm is ahead of Republican challenger Dick Devos by 6 points in the Michigan governor's race. Meanwhile, Democratic Sen. Debbie Stabenow has a 13-point lead over Republican challenger Michael Bouchard. This is according to a new poll released by The Detroit News /WXYZ TV7/WOOD TV8/WILX TV10 /WJRT TV12/EPIC.
About the CNN Political TickerThe CNN Political Ticker provides the latest political news.
To sign up for our twice daily Ticker emails, visit CNN.com member services page. If you do not have a CNN.com account, you can register here.
If you have any feedback, suggestions or news tips, drop us a line here.
NEW IN THE TICKER• AP: Budget deficit drops to $250 billion, CBO says...
• Allen and Webb neck and neck in Virginia senate ra...
• Ford and Corker in tight race in Tennessee
• Incumbent Chafee behind significantly in Rhode Isl...
• Menendez has slight advantage over Kean in New Jer...
• Three points separate Missouri senate candidates
• Cardin has a 15-point lead among likely voters in ...
• AP: Warner Focuses on His Bipartisan Skills
• AP: Study shows primary voter turnout hits a low
• Bayh's road to White House begins in Indiana