Monday, October 09, 2006
Hastert calls for decisive action at U.N.
From CNN Ticker Producer Alex Mooney
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- House Speaker Dennis Hastert, R-Illinois, said he is "neither threatened nor impressed," by North Korea's reported nuclear test but called on the United Nation's to take decisive action in response.
"The United Nations and in particular our allies in the Pacific region must take decisive action to isolate this regime against this provocative move," the Speaker said in a statement released by his office.
About the CNN Political TickerThe CNN Political Ticker provides the latest political news.
To sign up for our twice daily Ticker emails, visit CNN.com member services page. If you do not have a CNN.com account, you can register here.
If you have any feedback, suggestions or news tips, drop us a line here.
NEW IN THE TICKER• Gore back on the political airwaves
• McCain adds Bush-Cheney fundraiser to PAC
• Bush condemns N. Korea claim of nuclear tests; cal...
• President Bush to address North Korea nuclear test...
• Will social conservatives show up at the polls?
• Former Foley aide set to testify before ethics pan...
• CNN Political Ticker AM
• Iraq foreign minister disputes senator
• McHenry acknowledges no evidence of Democratic inv...
• Meehan says he believes Hastert knew of Foley's in...