Monday, October 09, 2006
Gore back on the political airwaves
From CNN Ticker Producer Alex Mooney
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- For the first time since the 2000 presidential election, former Vice President Al Gore appears in a political television commercial for a California ballot initiative that calls for energy alternatives to reduce the state's dependence on oil.
The ad, launching Monday statewide on broadcast and cable channels, is funded by "Yes on 87," a group that is funded by environmental organizations, scientists, and business leaders.
Gore, whose documentary, "An Inconvenient Truth," on the dangers of global warming, has been a vocal advocate for environmental issues, fueling speculation that he is considering another run for the White House in 2008.
About the CNN Political TickerThe CNN Political Ticker provides the latest political news.
To sign up for our twice daily Ticker emails, visit CNN.com member services page. If you do not have a CNN.com account, you can register here.
If you have any feedback, suggestions or news tips, drop us a line here.
NEW IN THE TICKER• McCain adds Bush-Cheney fundraiser to PAC
• Bush condemns N. Korea claim of nuclear tests; cal...
• President Bush to address North Korea nuclear test...
• Will social conservatives show up at the polls?
• Former Foley aide set to testify before ethics pan...
• CNN Political Ticker AM
• Iraq foreign minister disputes senator
• McHenry acknowledges no evidence of Democratic inv...
• Meehan says he believes Hastert knew of Foley's in...
• AP: Allen Didn't Disclose Stock Options