Sunday, October 01, 2006
GOP leaders assail Foley amid Democratic criticism
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- House Republican leaders mounted an effort to explain their own conduct after the resignation of Rep. Mark Foley, and they suggested there should be a criminal investigation of Foley's contacts with congressional pages.
A strongly worded statement assailing Foley from the chamber's top three Republicans came as they addressed questions about what they knew of the incidents and what action they took.
About the CNN Political TickerThe CNN Political Ticker provides the latest political news.
To sign up for our twice daily Ticker emails, visit CNN.com member services page. If you do not have a CNN.com account, you can register here.
If you have any feedback, suggestions or news tips, drop us a line here.
NEW IN THE TICKER• Bartlett questions Woodward "State of Denial" thes...
• CNN Political Ticker AM, Sunday, Oct. 1, 2006
• FL law: Foley's name must stay on the ballot
• Latest fundraising totals for FL-16
• GOP leaders support Foley's resignation
• Rep. Foley statement on resigning from Congress
• Quick Facts on Rep. Mark Foley and FL-16
• Rep. Foley resigns from Congress effectively immed...
• Congressional fundraising deadline looms
• Who's ahead on CNN?