Monday, October 02, 2006
Foley says he's in treatment for alcoholism
From CNN National Correspondent Susan Candiotti
MIAMI (CNN) -- Former Congressman Mark Foley, who resigned Friday amid
allegations that he sent inappropriate emails to teenage pages on Capitol Hill,
told a Florida television station that he is being treated for alcoholism and
is in a treatment facility, CNN confirmed Monday.
Foley's attorney David Roth said the letter Foley faxed to WPBF in West
Palm Beach, Fla., was legitimate.
The fax was apparently sent from Clearwater, Fla., but Roth would not say
if that's where Foley is being treated.
About the CNN Political TickerThe CNN Political Ticker provides the latest political news.
To sign up for our twice daily Ticker emails, visit CNN.com member services page. If you do not have a CNN.com account, you can register here.
If you have any feedback, suggestions or news tips, drop us a line here.
NEW IN THE TICKER• Probe widens in Foley case; FDLE to look into Fla....
• Political Ticker AM edition
• AP: Bush Not Dragging Schwarzenegger Down
• AP: Democrats Want to Revive Soc. Sec. Issue
• House speaker asks Gonzales to probe lurid Foley c...
• Kissinger downplays his role at the White House
• AP: Bush Confident in Rumsfeld
• Murtha says questions about his past and family wo...
• Bartlett defends House GOP leaders for their handl...
• AP: Top Senate Races Very Competitive