Friday, October 06, 2006
Bush says tax cuts will "sustain economic growth"
From CNN Political Editor Mark Preston
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- President Bush hailed the newly released unemployment numbers as "more good news" and called on Congress to make his tax cuts permanent during a visit Friday to a FedEx facility in the nation's capital
Bush's full remarks
About the CNN Political TickerThe CNN Political Ticker provides the latest political news.
To sign up for our twice daily Ticker emails, visit CNN.com member services page. If you do not have a CNN.com account, you can register here.
If you have any feedback, suggestions or news tips, drop us a line here.
NEW IN THE TICKER• AP: Budget deficit drops to $250 billion, CBO says...
• Allen and Webb neck and neck in Virginia senate ra...
• Ford and Corker in tight race in Tennessee
• Incumbent Chafee behind significantly in Rhode Isl...
• Menendez has slight advantage over Kean in New Jer...
• Three points separate Missouri senate candidates
• Cardin has a 15-point lead among likely voters in ...
• AP: Warner Focuses on His Bipartisan Skills
• AP: Study shows primary voter turnout hits a low
• Bayh's road to White House begins in Indiana