Monday, October 09, 2006
Biden to spend a month talking about his plan for Iraq
From CNN Ticker Producer Alex Mooney
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- For Sen. Joe Biden, the midterm election is about Iraq.
The Delaware Democrat will spend the next month promoting his five-point plan for the country and encouraging Democratic candidates to raise the issue on the campaign trail. In fact, Biden, a potential presidential candidate, will offer candidates and others interested in his plan "talking points" to work from.
"Voters have the opportunity to send a message that they understand President Bush's policy in Iraq is failing," Biden said in a statement released from his Unite Our States political action committee.
Biden is even launching a website next week: www.planforiraq.com as a platform to advance his plan.
For CNN's coverage of key races, check out CNN's America Votes 2006
About the CNN Political TickerThe CNN Political Ticker provides the latest political news.
To sign up for our twice daily Ticker emails, visit CNN.com member services page. If you do not have a CNN.com account, you can register here.
If you have any feedback, suggestions or news tips, drop us a line here.
NEW IN THE TICKER• AP: Howard Dean Talks Up Democrats in Maine
• McCain forming veterans group in New Hampshire
• Another conservative editorial page calls for Hast...
• Pelosi calls for new approach to North Korea
• Hastert calls for decisive action at U.N.
• Gore back on the political airwaves
• McCain adds Bush-Cheney fundraiser to PAC
• Bush condemns N. Korea claim of nuclear tests; cal...
• President Bush to address North Korea nuclear test...
• Will social conservatives show up at the polls?