Monday, October 23, 2006
Biden to assess Iraq developments
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Sen. Joe Biden, D-Delaware, will hold a press conference Monday to assess the escalating violence in Iraq and articulate his plan for the war-torn country.
The ranking Democrat on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee also plans to evaluate the latest comments from GOP leaders about the Iraq war and assess of how it may affect the upcoming midterm elections.
Biden, who has expressed interest in a presidential run, has crisscrossed the country this election season campaigning for democratic candidates and expressing his plan for Iraq.
--CNN Ticker Producer Alexander Mooney
About the CNN Political TickerThe CNN Political Ticker provides the latest political news.
To sign up for our twice daily Ticker emails, visit CNN.com member services page. If you do not have a CNN.com account, you can register here.
If you have any feedback, suggestions or news tips, drop us a line here.
NEW IN THE TICKER• GOP shuns its immigration hardline candidate in Ar...
• GOP strategist: Sen. Kennedy can only lose 'in biz...
• Heavyweight Sens. Clinton, McCain stump for N.J. h...
• Rural voters could tip critical Missouri Senate ra...
• CNN Political Ticker AM
• GOP losses could spark partisan warfare
• Senate: campaign cash
• U.S. military announces 3 more troop deaths in Ira...
• Specter: Don't count Santorum out
• Dole and Schumer bet on elections