Monday, October 02, 2006
AP: Bush Not Dragging Schwarzenegger Down
SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- Some say this is supposed to be the year President Bush and his flagging popularity bring down Republicans across the country.
But here in California, where Bush's popularity is at an all-time low, Republican Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger doesn't appear to be suffering, even as his Democratic rival tries to tie him to the president.
About the CNN Political TickerThe CNN Political Ticker provides the latest political news.
To sign up for our twice daily Ticker emails, visit CNN.com member services page. If you do not have a CNN.com account, you can register here.
If you have any feedback, suggestions or news tips, drop us a line here.
NEW IN THE TICKER• AP: Democrats Want to Revive Soc. Sec. Issue
• House speaker asks Gonzales to probe lurid Foley c...
• Kissinger downplays his role at the White House
• AP: Bush Confident in Rumsfeld
• Murtha says questions about his past and family wo...
• Bartlett defends House GOP leaders for their handl...
• AP: Top Senate Races Very Competitive
• Pelosi demands GOP leaders be questioned in Foley ...
• AP: Ohio Senate Hopefuls Spar on Iraqi War
• GOP leaders assail Foley amid Democratic criticism...