Sunday, October 01, 2006
AP: Bush Confident in Rumsfeld
WASHINGTON -- President Bush has full confidence in Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld even if others dislike the Pentagon chief's "bedside manner," a top White House official said Sunday.
Bush counselor Dan Bartlett did not directly respond to questions about whether the White House has considered possible replacements for Rumsfeld, as reported in Bob Woodward's new book on the Bush administration's Iraq war policy.
About the CNN Political TickerThe CNN Political Ticker provides the latest political news.
To sign up for our twice daily Ticker emails, visit CNN.com member services page. If you do not have a CNN.com account, you can register here.
If you have any feedback, suggestions or news tips, drop us a line here.
NEW IN THE TICKER• Murtha says questions about his past and family wo...
• Bartlett defends House GOP leaders for their handl...
• AP: Top Senate Races Very Competitive
• Pelosi demands GOP leaders be questioned in Foley ...
• AP: Ohio Senate Hopefuls Spar on Iraqi War
• GOP leaders assail Foley amid Democratic criticism...
• Bartlett questions Woodward "State of Denial" thes...
• CNN Political Ticker AM, Sunday, Oct. 1, 2006
• FL law: Foley's name must stay on the ballot
• Latest fundraising totals for FL-16