Monday, October 09, 2006
Another conservative editorial page calls for Hastert's ouster
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- The New Hampshire Union Leader called on House Speaker Dennis Hastert, R-Illinois, to step down from his leadership post in an editorial published in Sunday's edition.
The newspaper, which follows last week's call for Hastert's resignation by The Washington Times, also demanded that House Majority Leader John Boehner, R-Ohio, and National Republican Congressional Committee Chairman Tom Reynolds, New York, relinquish their leadership positions until an investigation concludes "whether more resignations are justified."
About the CNN Political TickerThe CNN Political Ticker provides the latest political news.
To sign up for our twice daily Ticker emails, visit CNN.com member services page. If you do not have a CNN.com account, you can register here.
If you have any feedback, suggestions or news tips, drop us a line here.
NEW IN THE TICKER• Pelosi calls for new approach to North Korea
• Hastert calls for decisive action at U.N.
• Gore back on the political airwaves
• McCain adds Bush-Cheney fundraiser to PAC
• Bush condemns N. Korea claim of nuclear tests; cal...
• President Bush to address North Korea nuclear test...
• Will social conservatives show up at the polls?
• Former Foley aide set to testify before ethics pan...
• CNN Political Ticker AM
• Iraq foreign minister disputes senator