Thursday, September 28, 2006
Senior White House official dismisses Woodward's claims
From CNN's Elaine Quijano
WASHINGTON (CNN) --A senior White House official denies the claim made by the Washington Post's Bob Woodward that the Bush Administration has repeatedly obscured the intensity of the violence U.S. troops face in Iraq. According to CBS News, Woodward makes his claim in his new book, State of Denial.
"It doesn't appear to be anything new," the senior administration official told CNN. "The president has been very frank with the country about the challenges we face in the war on terror, how ruthless, violent and determined our enemy is. And he's been just as frank about the policy choices in front of the nation on how we fight this enemy."
About the CNN Political TickerThe CNN Political Ticker provides the latest political news.
To sign up for our twice daily Ticker emails, visit CNN.com member services page. If you do not have a CNN.com account, you can register here.
If you have any feedback, suggestions or news tips, drop us a line here.
NEW IN THE TICKER• Menendez and Kean in a dead heat for New Jersey Se...
• Frist: America can't abandon Iraq on the operating...
• Capitol Police clear suspcious powder
• Police investigate suspicious powder at Senate off...
• CBS News: Woodward says Bush not honest with Ameri...
• A new Democratic group forms for Lieberman
• McCain continues to line up support in key primary...
• Club for Growth endorses four more candidates
• Gerlach ahead but under 50 in tight PA-06 race
• Senate to consider bill on detainee interrogations...