Thursday, September 28, 2006
Police investigate suspicious powder at Senate office building
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Capitol Police were investigating a suspicious powder found Thursday in the Hart Building, the largest of the three Senate office buildings.
The substance was found in the office of Sen. John Cornyn, R-Texas, according to Capitol Hill police spokeswoman Kimberly Schneider. She said a Hazardous materials team has responded to the call. The building has not been evacuated.
About the CNN Political TickerThe CNN Political Ticker provides the latest political news.
To sign up for our twice daily Ticker emails, visit CNN.com member services page. If you do not have a CNN.com account, you can register here.
If you have any feedback, suggestions or news tips, drop us a line here.
NEW IN THE TICKER• CBS News: Woodward says Bush not honest with Ameri...
• A new Democratic group forms for Lieberman
• McCain continues to line up support in key primary...
• Club for Growth endorses four more candidates
• Gerlach ahead but under 50 in tight PA-06 race
• Senate to consider bill on detainee interrogations...
• Indicted ex-Cheney aide fights for classified Whit...
• CNN Poll: Americans feeling better about the econo...
• McCain vouches for Allen in TV spot
• Pataki set to open up offices in two key '08 state...