Thursday, September 28, 2006
McCain vouches for Allen in TV spot
From CNN's Robert Yoon
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Sen. John McCain of Arizona is lending a hand to fellow Republican and possible 2008 presidential rival Sen. George Allen of Virginia in a new TV ad launching Thursday.
In the ad, produced by Scott Howell and Company, McCain says: "I have a friend in Washington, and he represents the state of Virginia. George Allen works hard. He believes in what he does. He's dedicated. He understands a lot of issues -- has the utmost confidence and belief that in this terrible, titanic struggle that is going on now between good and evil in the world that we will and must prevail. And one of the reasons why we prevail is because George Allen's leadership, vision, courage and his ability to stand up for what he believes in."
Allen has a tougher-than-expected re-election bid against Democrat Jim Webb.
About the CNN Political TickerThe CNN Political Ticker provides the latest political news.
To sign up for our twice daily Ticker emails, visit CNN.com member services page. If you do not have a CNN.com account, you can register here.
If you have any feedback, suggestions or news tips, drop us a line here.
NEW IN THE TICKER• Pataki set to open up offices in two key '08 state...
• GOP Convention: Location, Location, Location?
• Lieberman leads Lamont by 10 in latest Connecticut...
• CNN Political Ticker AM
• HP leaders to express regrets to House
• AP: Schlesinger Seeks Exposure in Conn. Race
• AP: Clinton Opponent Deplores Bush Criticism
• Quarreling Afghan, Pakistani leaders join Bush for...
• AP: Carter, U.S. in more danger of terrorism
• New York candidate target of eavesdropping probe