Monday, September 25, 2006
Kean leads Menendez in new poll
From CNN's Robert Yoon
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Republican Tom Kean, Jr., leads Democratic Sen. Robert Menendez 44 percent to 38 percent in New Jersey's U.S. Senate race, according a poll released Sunday. The poll, conducted by Monmouth University and sponsored by Gannett New Jersey, surveyed 391 likely voters and has a margin of error of plus or minus 5 percent.
A Quinnipiac poll released earlier this month also showed Kean with a slight lead over Menendez, who took office in January when Democratic Sen. Jon Corzine resigned to become governor. Kean is the son of former GOP Gov. Tom Kean, Sr., who also co-chaired the 9/11 Commission.
About the CNN Political TickerThe CNN Political Ticker provides the latest political news.
To sign up for our twice daily Ticker emails, visit CNN.com member services page. If you do not have a CNN.com account, you can register here.
If you have any feedback, suggestions or news tips, drop us a line here.
NEW IN THE TICKER• Murtha, Democratic Vet Candidates Gather to Critic...
• Schwarzenegger takes a step towards divesting Cali...
• Retired military officers to criticize Bush admini...
• Cleland to campaign for Shuler
• Hastert Vows Not to Budge on Defense Authorization...
• Clinton's own re-election doesn't stop her from ca...
• Former Massachusetts Gov. Ed King will be laid to ...
• Rep. Castle hospitalized for two minor strokes
• RNC warns activists of Leahy chairmanship
• Balt. Sun: Poll shows Cardin lead over Steele