Thursday, February 22, 2007
A note on autism
Some of the responses to Dr. Sanjay Gupta's blog about Amanda Baggs raise questions about her diagnosis and whether she is indeed a low functioning autistic. We spoke with her health care providers and reported what they told us. Also, Amanda shared her medical records with us from various providers diagnosing her as autistic. We are not in the business of diagnosing people's medical conditions. But, as in all of our stories, we conducted our own independent investigation, spoke with expert sources and reached informed conclusions.
ABOUT THE BLOGGet a behind-the-scenes look at the latest stories from CNN's chief medical correspondent, Dr. Sanjay Gupta, and the CNN Medical Unit producers. They'll share news and views on health and medical trends -- info that will help you take better care of yourself and the people you love.
PREVIOUS POSTS• 100 Black Men take on the challenge
• Who's leading the charge on food outbreaks?
• Behind the veil of autism
• Just plane scared of flying...
• Imaging the pre-criminal mind
• My mom sets the pace at 81
• Finding the secrets of youth
• Are adoptive parents more attentive than biologica...
• Health awareness days: Mark your calendars again a...
• Handling a friend's diagnosis