Candidate Profile from Congressional Quarterly
Bob Clement (D) of Nashville
Incumbent - elected 1988
- Born: September 23, 1943, Nashville.
- Education: U. of Tennessee, B.S., 1967;
Memphis State U., M.B.A., 1968.
- Military Service: Army, 1969-71;
National Guard, 1971-present.
- Occupation: College president;
marketing, management and real estate executive.
- Family: Wife, Mary Carson; two children, two stepchildren.
- Religion: Methodist.
- Political Career: Tenn. Public
Service Commission, 1973-79; sought Democratic
nomination for governor, 1978; Democratic
nominee for U.S. House, 1982.
- Campaign Address: Congressman Bob Clement
Committee, P.O. Box
290483, Nashville, TN
- Telephone: (615)
- Fax: Not reported.
- E-mail: Not reported.
- Web: Not reported.