Candidate Profile from Congressional Quarterly
John M. Shimkus (R) of Collinsville
Incumbent - elected 1996
- Born: February 21, 1958, Collinsville.
- Education: U.S. Military Academy, B.S.,
1980; Southern Illinois U., M.B.A., 1997.
- Military Service: Army, 1980-85.
- Occupation: Teacher; Army officer;
Madison County Treasurer.
- Family: Wife, Karen Muth; two children.
- Religion: Lutheran.
- Political Career: Candidate
for Madison County Board, 1988; Collinsville
Township Board of Trustees, 1989-97; Madison
County treasurer, 1990-97; Republican nominee
for U.S. House, 1992.
- Campaign Address: Volunteers
for Shimkus, P.O. Box 5458,
Springfield, IL 62705
- Telephone: (217) 744-2020
- Fax: (217) 744-2036
- E-mail: Not reported.
- Web: www.shimkus.org