Candidate Profile from Congressional Quarterly
Brent Winters (R) of Charleston
- Born: October 14, 1954, Terre Haute, Ind.
- Education: Eastern Illinois U., B.S.,
1981; Biola U., Th.M., 1987; U. of Missouri, J.D., 1991.
- Military Service: Navy, 1975-79; Navy
Reserve, 1979-85; Army Reserve, 1992-present.
- Occupation: Lawyer; farmer; geologist;
educational supplies company owner.
- Family: Wife, Susan; seven children.
- Religion: Protestant.
- Political Career: Republican
nominee for U.S. House, 1994, 1996.