(CNN)President Donald Trump's Twitter feed provides a near-constant window into what he's thinking at any time. Which is what makes Trump's tweetstorm Wednesday morning -- in the wake of his decision to fire FBI Director James Comey -- all the more revealing.
- Tweet #1 : "The Democrats have said some of the worst things about James Comey, including the fact that he should be fired, but now they play so sad!"
- Tweet #2 : "James Comey will be replaced by someone who will do a far better job, bringing back the spirit and prestige of the FBI."
- Tweet #3 : "Comey lost the confidence of almost everyone in Washington, Republican and Democrat alike. When things calm down, they will be thanking me!"
- Tweet #1: "Watching Senator Richard Blumenthal speak of Comey is a joke. "Richie" devised one of the greatest military frauds in U.S. history. For...."
- Tweet #2 : "years, as a pol in Connecticut, Blumenthal would talk of his great bravery and conquests in Vietnam - except he was never there. When...."
- Tweet #3 : "caught, he cried like a baby and begged for forgiveness...and now he is judge & jury. He should be the one who is investigated for his acts."