- Athletics world records set before 2005 could be rewritten
- European Athletics will make proposals to governing body IAAF
- Seb Coe says it is "step in right direction"
(CNN)It is a proposal which has been described as "cowardly" by one former athlete, but as a "step in a right direction" by the most powerful man in athletics.
'Cloud of doubt hung over records for too long'
- Records would have to have been achieved at international events where the highest standards of officiating and technical equipment could be guaranteed.
- The athlete must be subject to an agreed number of doping control tests in the months leading up to the record.
- Doping control samples taken after world-record performances would need to be stored and available for retesting for 10 years.