- The race to be the next leader of France is one with implications not only for the US, but also for the rest of the world
- Even before Trump and Obama got involved, the French election was already regarded as the latest test of the sweeping global populism that led to Brexit
(CNN)A presidential election in France is not usually the sort of thing that I would tell you to pay attention to. After all, it's hard enough to convince people that they should pay attention to elections in this country.
- Opinion: The stakes for the French election just got higher
- Marine Le Pen, French presidential candidates salute police
- French candidate publicizes Obama call before Sunday vote
- The beginner's guide to the French elections
- Emmanuel Macron: The next surprise president?
- French election: Le Pen, Macron... or Mélenchon?
- Opinion: The frightening similarities between the US and French elections