- ISIS swiftly said the attack was carried out by one of its "fighters"
- The far-right candidate, Marine Le Pen, is demanding the closure of all Islamist mosques
Paris (CNN)A deadly attack on a police bus in the heart of Paris has dramatically changed the course of the French presidential election campaign.
Election in turmoil
Nov. 2015: Coordinated attacks in Paris kill 130 people
World leaders react
- Opinion: The stakes for the French election just got higher
- Marine Le Pen, French presidential candidates salute police
- French candidate publicizes Obama call before Sunday vote
- The beginner's guide to the French elections
- Emmanuel Macron: The next surprise president?
- French election: Le Pen, Macron... or Mélenchon?
- Opinion: The frightening similarities between the US and French elections