- Attack on Champs-Elysées in Paris comes just days ahead of France's presidential election
- Analysts believe the attack could help candidates who have focused on security, law and order
Paris (CNN)As France's presidential candidates gathered for the final debate in an already tumultuous election campaign, the sound of gunfire rang out on the streets of Paris once again.
- Opinion: The stakes for the French election just got higher
- Marine Le Pen, French presidential candidates salute police
- French candidate publicizes Obama call before Sunday vote
- The beginner's guide to the French elections
- Emmanuel Macron: The next surprise president?
- French election: Le Pen, Macron... or Mélenchon?
- Opinion: The frightening similarities between the US and French elections