- Trump's foreign policy: Do the opposite of Obama
- Trump is a reactive person by nature
Washington (CNN)For the third time in the last 10 days, the Trump administration sent a very clear message to the world: There's a new gang running things in Washington now.
- President Barack Obama said that the use of chemical weapons by Syrian President Bashar al-Assad would cross a "red line" for him, but wound up not ordering military strikes when that line was crossed. Trump struck within days of the chemical attack in northwestern Syria.
- Republicans were outraged when Obama refused to use the words "radical Islamic terrorism" to describe the threat posed by ISIS. Not only has Trump used that terminology but he has also used the largest non-nuclear bomb in the American arsenal -- one that neither Obama nor George W. Bush chose to deploy -- against ISIS in Afghanistan.
- Obama -- like Bush before him -- tried and failed to end the North Korean nuclear threat. Obama's preferred methods were diplomatic pressure and economic sanctions. Trump -- through Pence -- just sent a very clear signal that the days of talking are coming to an end.