- Donna Rice Hughes: Melania Trump has endured her share of vitriol on and offline
- She is uniquely positioned to be an advocate for a safer, kinder cyberculture for America's children and families, writes Hughes
Donna Rice Hughes is CEO and president of Enough Is Enough (EIE) and has been a pioneering leader on the front lines to prevent the Internet-enabled exploitation of children and families since 1994. For more information visit www.enough.org and www.internetsafety101.org. Her opinions are her own and do not reflect that of her organization.
(CNN)Never has there been so much lingering hostility so long after a presidential election.
2. While our nation remains divided over politics, it's my goal as first lady to appeal to our higher calling as Americans, parents and human beings.
3. As parents, we must walk the walk as well as talk the talk. As we teach our children to follow the Golden Rule, we need to model that behavior ourselves.
4. Cyberbullying cannot be fixed by legislation alone, which is best left to the states. This is a matter of the heart and of personal choice.
5. Choose the high road over low blows.