- No NCAA tournament games are being held in North Carolina this season
- Previously awarded championship events were moved out of the state
(CNN)March Madness is in full swing and a multitude of men's NCAA tournament first-round games tip off Thursday and Friday across the country. Two of the title favorites come from North Carolina -- the Duke Blue Devils and North Carolina Tar Heels.
South Carolina back as a host site
- North Carolina laws invalidate any local law that treats sexual orientation as a protected class or has a purpose to prevent discrimination against lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender individuals.
- North Carolina has the only statewide law that makes it unlawful to use a restroom different from the gender on one's birth certificate, regardless of gender identity.
- North Carolina law provides legal protections for government officials to refuse services to the LGBT community.
- Five states plus numerous cities prohibit travel to North Carolina for public employees and representatives of public institutions, which could include student-athletes and campus athletics staff. These states are New York, Minnesota, Washington, Vermont and Connecticut.