- Shootings happened on the city's South and West sides
- City had 762 homicides last year
(CNN)After seven people -- including a pregnant woman and her unborn child -- were fatally shot and 13 others were wounded on Wednesday, President Donald Trump tweeted about his contempt for the gun violence that has gripped Chicago.
7 lives lost in a single day
Trump vocal on Chicago violence
- New technology: Body cams on 2,100 officers covering seven districts; expansion of gunshot detection systems.
- More training: Officers will have more Taser training so they can use the least amount of force necessary; training to help officers recognize signs of mental illness, trauma and crisis situations.
- New leadership: Chief Anne Kirkpatrick will lead the new Bureau of Professional Standards, which will be responsible for implementing reform.
- Community policing: There will be an advisory panel -- made up of experts and residents -- that will help mend relationships between officers and members of the community.