- Iraqi forces secure Mosul airport
- Taking western part of city will take time
(CNN)Iraqi forces have regained control of the airport in Mosul, part of a monthslong operation to push ISIS militants from the key city.
- Warplanes bombed ISIS positions in the cities of Qaim and Hawija, as well as the Mansour district of western Mosul, killing at least 85 militants.
- Joint Operations Command says forces "killed many ISIS militants" and defused 60 IED.
- Iraqi forces have faced ISIS suicide car bombs and improvised explosive devices.
- Counterterrorism forces have stormed the al-Ghazlani military base west of the airport.
- There has been heavy fighting between Iraqi forces and ISIS at Mosul's main electrical power station.
- Residents say ISIS is searching homes for cell phones.
- Residents from eastern Mosul, under Iraqi control, send letters of support to the residents in the west.