This article has been updated.
- April 24, 2010 - Hernandez is drafted by the New England Patriots.
- July 16, 2012 - Daniel de Abreu and Safiro Furtado are found shot to death in Boston.
- August 27, 2012 - Hernandez signs a $40 million extension with the Patriots.
- June 17, 2013 - A jogger finds the body of Odin Lloyd in an industrial park.
- June 26, 2013 - Hernandez is charged with murder in Lloyd's death.
- May 15, 2014 - Hernandez is indicted in the killings of de Abreu and Furtado.
- April 15, 2015 - Hernandez is sentenced to life in prison for the death of Lloyd.
(CNN)While his former team celebrates yet another Super Bowl victory, ex-New England Patriots star Aaron Hernandez and his lawyers are instead gearing up for their next courtroom battle.