- By late Saturday afternoon, more than 4,000 academics had signed an open letter
- Academics say the executive order is "inhumane, ineffective, and un-American"
Washington (CNN)Thousands of academics in the United States are calling on President Donald Trump to reconsider his executive order that bans travel from seven Muslim-majority nations for 90 days and temporarily suspends all refugee admission to the US.
- 134 million banned from US
- What the ban says: The full text
- What to know about the restrictions
- Legal battle begins
- The ban's Christian focus
- A family's plight just got more complicated
- Bergen: Trump's big mistake
- All of Trump's executive orders, memos and proclamations
- Comparing Trump to previous presidents