- Reynolds was a singer, dancer and actress who started her career as a teenager
- Her daughter, actress Carrie Fisher, died Tuesday after suffering cardiac arrest
(CNN)Two days. Two deaths of iconic Hollywood actresses who were also mother and daughter.
A Hollywood triple threat
"It's brilliant," she told Gross. "I mean, to do the transition from sound -- from silent to sound is a brilliant, brilliant time to focus on. And what was interesting to me is that there's three people acting in the movie then. It's two men and a female. And it's the same with 'Star Wars.' And both movies were sort of, you know, iconic at the -- well, they did the AFI 10 top films, and one was 'Singing In The Rain' and one was 'Star Wars.'"
'She was so respectful and caring'
- Debbie Reynolds, 'Singin' in the Rain' star and Carrie Fisher's mom, dies at 84
- Debbie Reynolds dies one day after daughter Carrie Fisher passes
- Debbie Reynolds: Hollywood mourns the loss of an iconic actress
- Life and career of Debbie Reynolds
- Carrie Fisher, 'Star Wars''Princess Leia, dies at 60
- Goodbye Princess: 'Star Wars' co-stars, Hollywood, fans react to death of Carrie Fisher
- Why we loved Carrie Fisher
- Carrie Fisher was a champion for mental health, too