- Officials acknowledge the Mosul assault began before a post-battle plan was finalized
- Warding off an ISIS insurgency could present a serious challenge
Washington (CNN)The campaign to reclaim Mosul from ISIS might be ahead of schedule -- but that only puts the planning for the day after further behind.
Lessons of Iraq learned?
- Life in a post-ISIS town: Shaving, haircuts and cigarettes
- Inside ISIS-held Mosul: Secret film shows desolate scenes
- What US Special Forces are doing
- Thousands of displaced people flood Mosul as ISIS loses ground
- A conversation with the general running the war against ISIS
- Turkey's complex reasons for fighting