- Seven substances added to the government's 14th Report on Carcinogens
- This brings its total number of known human carcinogens to 248
(CNN)The US Department of Health and Human Services released its 14th Report on Carcinogens today, including seven "newly reviewed" substances, bringing its total number of known human carcinogens to 248.
- Human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1)
- Human T-cell lymphotropic virus type 1 (HTLV-1)
- Epstein-Barr virus (EBV)
- Kaposi sarcoma-associated herpesvirus (KSHV)
- Merkel cell polyomavirus (MCV)