- A large study reveals that students had more favorable perceptions of black and Latino teachers
- There's a need for a more diverse pool of teachers, one expert said
(CNN)When Hua-Yu Sebastian Cherng was a math teacher at a majority-black middle school in San Francisco, he would sit and listen to the conversations his students would have with each other.
The impact of teacher diversity
'Educators who reflect ... our nation'
- Poll: 49% say racism a 'big problem'
- 4 ways we can show hidden biases
- How Americans feel about racism
- 'I still believe in the American dream'
- Why blacks believe more than whites
- What discrimination looks like today
- Love in the face of racism
- Who will you blame once Obama's gone?
- Poll: 1 in 5 blacks report 'unfair' dealings with police in last month
- The steep cost of incarceration on women of color