20. Maison Premiere, New York – The world's 50 best bars for 2016 have been announced in London. At number 20 is Maison Premiere in New York City. Click through the gallery to see the winners.
19. Nightjar, London – At number 19 is London's Nightjar. Signature cocktails include Mary Quite Contrary, a savory concoction mixed with Absolut Elyx vodka, herbs, cheese and caper foam.
18. Tales & Spirits, Amsterdam – At number 18, Amsterdam's Tales & Spirits. Specialties of the house include Fallen Lady. A nod to the Dutch capital's famous red light district, it's a "sexy combination" that includes Ketel One vodka, Mozart dark chocolate liqueur and raspberry syrup.
17. Candelaria, Paris – Paris's Candelaria is number 17 on the list. This Mexican-style taqueria specializes in agave-based drinks.
16. The Broken Shaker, Miami – Miami's Broken Shaker, at 16 on the list, describes itself as a "backyard oasis." Its menu includes monthly and seasonal cocktails such as a Lychee Peachy and a Sake Spritzer.
15. Speak Low, Shanghai – Shanghai's Speak Low, at number 15, is a Japanese-style speakeasy hidden behind a sliding bookshelf at the back of a store in the city's French Concession.
14. 28 Hongkong Street, Singapore – At number 14 is one of two Singapore establishments to make the top 20 list. 28 Hongkong Street is renowned, apparently, for its efforts to actively avoid publicity.
13. Licoreria Limantor, Mexico City – At number 13, Mexico City's Licoreria Limantor was last year described by the 50 Best Bars website as a "trendy den of delectable drinks."
12. The Baxter Inn, Sydney – Down from its number 7 place of last year, The Baxter Inn now sits at number 12. The Sydney bar is known for its impressive wall of whisky and bartenders who have a handle on the classics.
11. Manhattan Bar, Singapore – At number 11 is Singapore's Manhattan Bar, a plush venue within the city's Regent Hotel. Its cocktail menu includes, inevitably, a version of the classic Manhattan based around Michter's Single Barrel Rye and house-made cherry brandy.
10. Happiness Forgets, London – A subterranean venue in London's ultra-hip Hoxton Square, Happiness Forgets is at number 10 on the list. It bills itself as "high end cocktails" in a "low rent basement."
9. The Clumsies, Athens – At number 9, the endearingly named Clumsies takes its name from the "generous serving of favorite mistakes" that make up its menu mission statement.
8. The NoMad Bar, New York City – At number 8, New York's NoMad Bar aims to emulate a classic NYC tavern. It's one of seven New York bars to make the list.
7. Employees Only, New York City – Another New Yorker, Employees Only, takes the number 7 slot. Signatures include the Provencal -- lavender-infused Plymouth Gin mixed with herbs.
6. The Gibson – At number 6, London's The Gibson sits on the city's increasingly trendy Old Street. The bar takes its name from its signature drink, a gin martini that includes a pickled onion rather than an olive.
5. Attaboy, New York City – Attaboy, at number 5, is described by the 50 Best Bars website as a New York City "institution."
4. Connaught Bar, London – At number 4, the Connaught Bar serves visitors to the upscale hotel of the same name in London's wealthy Mayfair district.
3. Dandelyan, London – Located in the prosaically named Sea Containers House on London's South Bank, the Dandelyan makes number 3 on the list. Cocktails include Pinnacle Point Fizz, a blend of Olemco Blanco Tequila, blue corn sloe, ginger bitters, sour pineapple and soda.
2. American Bar, London – Though it no longer holds the top spot, London can console itself with a number 2 position for its American Bar, a classic venue in the city's Savoy Hotel.
1. Dead Rabbit Grocery and Grog, New York City – And the best bar in the world is... New York's Dead Rabbit Grocery & Grog -- an apparently unbeatable mix of informal taproom and "sumptuous parlor" serving "historically accurate" cocktails.