- Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton has been diagnosed with pneumonia
- Pneumonia is a respiratory infection that results in inflammation in the lungs
(CNN)After Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton fell ill during a 9/11 commemoration ceremony on Sunday, Clinton's physician revealed that she was diagnosed with pneumonia on Friday and is being treated with antibiotics.
What is pneumonia?
What causes it?
What are the symptoms?
- Cough, which might be accompanied by greenish, yellow or bloody mucus
- Fever, ranging from mild to high
- Shaking chills
- Shortness of breath, which might only occur when you climbs stairs
- Sharp or stabbing chest pain that gets worse when you breathe deeply or cough
- Excessive sweating and clammy skin
- Loss of appetite, low energy and fatigue
- Confusion, especially in older people