- More than half of us don't like our jobs
- Social science research has identified factors that can improve workplace happiness
- There are actions you can take, today, to improve those factors
This essay is part of a column called The Wisdom Project by David Allan, editorial director of CNN Health and Wellness. The series is on applying to one's life the wisdom and philosophy found everywhere, from ancient texts to pop culture. You can follow David at @davidgallan. Don't miss another Wisdom Project column; subscribe here.
(CNN)More than half of Americans find their job unsatisfactory, according to an annual survey released last month by the Conference Board research group. The nation has been hovering around the halfway mark of job dissatisfaction since at least 2000.
The problem is not the job
1) Hack your job
2) Enjoy your work neighbors
3) Create a new job title in your head
Don't miss another Wisdom Project column by subscribing here.