- Chicago shooting stats for this year are on track to exceed 2015
- Police: Homicides total 459 this year so far
(CNN)They call it "Chi-raq" for a reason. Chicago is already on track to cross a disturbing threshold and top the number of shootings and homicides in the city for the entire year in 2015.
- Last Friday to Sunday alone, gun violence has been blamed for eight homicides and 64 non-fatal shootings, according to Chicago police.
- As of Sunday, homicides so far this year total 459.
- There have been 2,818 shooting victims this year -- just 170 shy of 2015's total of 2,988, according to the Chicago Tribune.
- With an average of nearly 82 shootings per week, the city will likely pass last year's mark.