- Donald Trump said he regrets some of the things he's said during the campaign
- Here are some of the statements to which he could have been referring
(CNN)Donald Trump wants the American people to know that he realizes some of the things he's said have hurt people. Which people and what things, exactly, is less clear.
The Khan family
Judge Gonzalo Curiel
New York Times reporter Serge Kovaleski
Mexicans and Mexican immigrants to the US
Ted Cruz and his father, Rafael
Sen. John McCain
John Kasich's eating habits
Past primary foes: Lindsey Graham, Jeb Bush, Marco Rubio, Rick Perry
- Graham: Trump called him an "idiot" and gave out the South Carolina senator's personal phone number at a rally.
- Bush: The "low energy" jab was delivered again and again to devastating effect, but don't forget Trump bringing mom Barbara into the mix. "Just watched Jeb's ad where he desperately needed mommy to help him," Trump tweeted in January. "Jeb -- mom can't help you with ISIS, the Chinese or with Putin."
- Rubio: Often derided as "Little Marco," a comment on the Florida senator's height. Trump also said of Rubio at an event in February, "I have never seen a human being sweat like this man sweats." He then sprayed out the contents of a water bottle to make his point, a reference to Rubio's infamous water break during his State of the Union response in 2013.
- Perry: Tweeting last July, Trump said Perry "failed on the border" and "should be forced to take an IQ test before being allowed to enter the GOP debate." (Note: Maybe Trump has already made amends with the former Texas governor, as Perry emerged an a ally after leaving the primary.)