- Six people were injured after being "struck by electricity" on amusement park ride
- Rides at Ocean Beach Park in New London, Connecticut, are temporarily closed
(CNN)Six people were injured on an amusement park ride at Ocean Beach Park in New London, Connecticut, on Tuesday.
Recent accidents prompt investigations
- Caleb Thomas Schwab, 10, died on a water slide at the Schlitterbahn Water Park in Kansas City, Kansas, on August 7. The accident remains under investigation, with few details released. The Kansas water slide passed inspection two months ago, according to state records. Park guests said the slide's harness wasn't working properly the day Caleb, the son of a state legislator, died.
- Three children fell from a Ferris wheel at a Tennessee county fair on August 8, critically injuring two of them. Briley Reynolds, 6, suffered a traumatic brain injury in the fall and was in serious condition as of August 14. Authorities in Greene County, Tennessee, said a mechanical flaw caused the Ferris wheel gondola to tip and spill the girls out at the county fair.
- A 3-year-old boy fell out of a wooden roller coaster at Idlewild and SoakZone in Ligonier, Pennsylvania, on August 11. He was airlifted to a hospital after the incident.