10. Nashville, Tennessee – Nashville, Tennessee was named the world's 10th friendliest city in Conde Nast's Reader's Choice Awards 2016. It's known for its southern charm and being the home of country music.
9. Bruges, Belgium – With some of the world's best chocolate and beer, it's no wonder the people of Bruges are so friendly.
8. Krakow, Poland – Tourists sit in Rynek Glowny, Krakow's main square. The city is one of Poland's oldest and is home to some magnificent medieval architecture.
7. Savannah, Georgia – The southern US city of Savannah is known for its annual St Patrick's Day celebrations, which claims to be the second-largest in the country, with more than 300,000 attending.
6. Galway, Ireland – Galway has one of the best live music scenes in Ireland, with traditional music a fixture in many pubs. Molly's pub, in the nearby village of Letterfrack, is pictured.
5. Park City, Utah – Winter or summer, Park City is the center of a booming tourism industry. In the warmer months, there's hiking and biking, and when snow falls, skiers like this group head to Park City Mountain Resort.
4. Queenstown, New Zealand – In New Zealand's Queenstown, the aptly named Remarkables mountain range sweeps down to Lake Wakatipu. With natural assets like these, it's unsurprising there are lots of adventure sports on offer.
3. Dublin, Ireland – The Irish capital was voted third-friendliest by Conde Nast Traveler's readers, with one visitor saying, "We had best recommendations on where to go and what to see from the locals... better than any guide book." The Temple Bar pub, in the Temple Bar nightlife district, is popular with tourists.
2. Sydney, Australia – Sydney in summer is a great place for outside eating, as these participants in the globe dining event Diner in Blanc discovered last November. One Conde Nast Traveler reader said of their visit to the city, "Aussies are very friendly. Every time we stopped to stare at our map to get our bearings, an Aussie would stop and offer to help us."
1. Charleston, South Carolina – The world's friendliest city, according to readers of Conde Nast Traveler? Charleston in South Carolina. Says one visitor, "People speak to each other! The city is so lovely and easy to get around on foot."
World's friendliest cities – More than 100,000 readers responded to the travel magazine's reader survey of favorite cities, hotels, resorts, islands, airlines, cruise lines, future travel destinations and, for the fourth year in a row, reader opinions of the world's friendliest cities.