20. Bangkok Airways (314 reviews) – Bangkok Airways has been reviewed more than 300 times on TripAdvisor, with an average score of 4.5 out of 5. Here are the 20 most-loved airlines on the new flight reviews platform, all with a 4.5 rating.
19. Thai Smile Airways (413 reviews) – Rubynna was "very delighted" to receive complimentary macaroons on her flight Nickngsg found the seats "very spacious" on the route from Bangkok to Chiang Mai. The airline's ratings fall down slightly on in-flight entertainment, averaging only 3.5.
18. Asiana Airlines (352 reviews) – Asiana Airlines is one of South Korea's two major airlines, along with Korean Air. Daawgon from Portland, Oregon encountered credit card issues when booking, leading to the verdict: "a great carrier with a bad website."
17. Korean Air (374 reviews) – Korean Air excels at in-flight chidren's activities, amenities and meal-service products. Alsolution from New York was impressed by the "awesome" flight attendants who handed out toys to little ones.
16. Jet2.com (422 reviews) – Jet2 is a British low-cost carrier. "Best budget airline by far, loads of leg room and helpful pleasant staff," says macFife from Fife, Scotland. "The seats have more room than most other planes I have traveled on," agrees Dennis w from Nantwich, England.
14. Aegean Airlines (442 reviews) – Greece's largest carrier, Aegean was named best European regional airline by Skytrax in 2016. Maria Tax from Athens had this experience: "The staff on the ground waits for you if you have checked in but haven't arrived yet."
13. Japan Airlines (443 reviews) – "Cabin crew speak Cantonese, Japanese and English," says Tiago S. PigsyACT from Canberra, Australia was impressed by the cleanliness of the toilets, which were "spotless" after a nine-hour flight.
12. Air New Zealand (578 reviews) – Air New Zealand picked up gongs for Airline of the Year, Best Premium Economy Class (pictured) and Best Economy Class in AirlineRating.com's 2016 Airline Excellence Awards.
10. JetBlue Airways (656 reviews) – CNN's Richard Quest flew from L.A. to New York on JetBlue during his round-the-world trip on budget airlines. Of the carriers he used, he said that "JetBlue has the best food and the most freebies: Wi-Fi, basic TV and a snack zone."
9. Garuda Indonesia (691 reviews) – Phil C from Sydney, Australia flew to Bali in Business Class "on a promo fare, which is extremely good value for money. The A330 was very new -- it still had that new aircraft smell."
8. Aeroflot (960 reviews) – Aeroflot, Russia's flag carrier, was named best airline in Eastern Europe in 2016 by Skytrax. Its best ratings are in the Customer Service, Cleanliness and Check-In and Boarding categories.
7. Singapore Airlines (1,088 reviews) – Singapore Airlines picked up gongs for best business class (economy class pictured) and best in-flight entertainment in AirlineRatings.com's Airline Excellence Awards 2016. It was also Named best airline in Asia and third-best airline in the world by Skytrax in 2016.
6. Southwest Airlines (1,276 reviews) – Southwest is a major U.S. airline and the world's largest low-cost carrier. It ranked second in North America for customer satisfaction by J.D. Power in 2016. The Boeing 737MAX (pictured) is set to launch with Southwest Airlines in late 2017.
5. Avianca (1,412 reviews) – Colombia's flag carrier is the world's second-oldest airline, after KLM, but is proving it can still keep up with the younger generation. It gets its best rankings in the Customer Service and Cleanliness categories.
4. Qatar Airways (1,500 reviews) – Qatar Airways, Qatar's state-owned flag carrier, was named 2016's second-best airline in the world by Skytrax, having claimed the top spot in 2015. "Business Class in Qatar Airways's new aircrafts like A350 or B787 is a top-notch product," says 202countries from Hanau, Germany.
3. Azul Brazilian Airlines (1,609 reviews) – Brazilian football fans watched their team play live on Azul during the FIFA 2014 World Cup. It's one of the airlines that TripAdvisor users score best for in-flight entertainment.
1. LATAM Airlines (3,317 reviews) – South America's LATAM Airlines has maintained an average 4.5 rating across more than 3,000 TripAdvisor reviews, making it -- at the time of writing -- the global platform's best-loved airline. It's the "best airline to fly to Brazil," declares IsabellasTrips from New York. "Great onboard entertainment, very nice staff, good food and drinks."